Thursday, September 26, 2013

Bright Lights, Fun Times, and Humble Gratitude

Very bright contrasty light in my friend's Bushwick studio space last week where a few of us got together to do a test shoot, just for fun and to make some beautiful images. These are a few 'behind the scenes' iphone snaps of the process. Was feeling very inspired and happy that day. I have so much to be grateful for, but sometimes I lose track of that in my hazy ambition. I know I touched on this a few posts ago- about stress and inspiration- I've been in a tiny bit of an up and down funk lately. But I stumbled upon this quote the other day, and though I'm not usually a cheesy motivational quote person, it really struck a chord with me and gave me a bit of perspective:

"And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days."

Happiness is easy. Don't be so hard on yourself. Relax. Appreciate.
The final images we shot up will be posted on my website soon.




2 comments :

  1. These look gorgeous! Wow, looking forward to seeing the final shots.

    ReplyDelete