Friday, February 7, 2014

Recently...

Howdy folks!
A few photos, links, and things happening over in my world lately. Enjoy!









Some behind-the-scenes photos of a test shoot from a couple weeks ago. Final images are up on my portfolio site.

Has anyone seen this? Snow diving foxes.

And, a couple recipes I'm cooking and getting inspired by:

Smoky Beetroot Hummus from The Year In Food.
Always looking for new things to do with beets and this was delicious. Sometimes, it's hard to know what to do with spreads like these instead of just crudites and pita chips but I had some good combos. In the morning, on toasted sourdough with camembert, a hard boiled egg cut into wedges and plenty of cracked pepper. For lunch, spread onto a multigrain toast, topped with a handful of pea shoots and a juicy salt and pepper turkey patty as an open faced healthy-ish burger. Or, again, toast (Any toast really. Yea, I love toast.) with shaved manchego and this pea shoot, alfalfa sprout, and celery salad piled on top. Good stuff.

Tom Kha Gai from Bon Appetit.
I also made this recently and it was SO good. I still have some left over Thanksgiving turkey meat in the freezer, so I used that instead of chicken, homemade turkey stock and I added chilies and udon noodles. Simultaneously deeply satisfying and healthfully light in a way that only soup can be. Love soup.

2 comments :