Friday, March 20, 2015

Humble Ceramics

I don't know how Humble Ceramics got on my radar originally, but they're hard to find and I hadn't seen any pieces in person until one day I came across some at The Primary Essentials. That was a happy moment. If you head to the Humble website you'll see that they are overloaded with work for the next year or two, they don't sell online and no personal orders. They do accept studio visits though and when I knew I would be heading out west for a couple weeks it was one of the first things I put on my to do list.

Delphine, the brains and hands behind Humble, was a total sweetie and I loved checking out her studio space. It was a lot larger than I expected- comparing to the normal tiny NYC artist studio- and they have quite the production going. These are just a few (kinda bad) iPhone shots but I really wanted to share a little behind the scenes sneak peek of her operation. I felt so lucky to go visit, it energized the rest of my day. So inspiring. To top it all off, I got to purchase a few seconds, or as she calls them 'wabi sabi' pieces. And of course, it was a gorgeous, sunny typical LA day in February. Doesn't get better than that.






No comments :

Post a Comment