Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Some Favorites In San Francisco

In the same vein as my LA list here are some favorite spots I visited in SF.

LITTLE PAPER PLANES
Kind of a higher end, hand made urban outfitters vibe, in a good way. Very fun and arty. They stock all kinds of things: clothing, jewelry, home stuff, art, etc.
855 Valencia Street.
San Francisco, CA

RARE DEVICE
Very cute store with great variety in product. Small and curated, they carry jewelry, stationary, ceramics, etc. The most appealing thing about this spot to me was that it felt very fresh and had a very different selection from other stores in the city.
600 Divisadero Street
San Fracisco, CA 94117

MARCH
Beautiful home goods, mostly kitchenware. Mature and elegant feeling, all neutrals with tons of attention to texture and detail. I bought my first Perrochon here. (Insert toothy grinning emoji here.)
3075 Sacramento Street
San Francisco, CA 94115

HEATH SAUSALITO
A long time dream come true to visit the Heath Ceramics factory store! They did indeed, as rumor has it, have a great selection of well priced seconds.
400 Gate 5 Road
Sausalito, CA 94965

BAR TARTINE
Unfortunately I did not make it to the bakery, but man was Bar Tartine absolutely delicious. I went with 3 other people so we ordered almost everything on the menu. Besides one dish which seemed like a fluke, everything was fantastic. I loved the layering of flavors, everything was so considered and had multiple ingredients and textures. My kind of cooking.
561 Valencia St
San FranciscoCA 94110

CHEZ PANISSE
Another dream come true. I bopped over to Berkeley mid prep day on Friday to enjoy a solo 3 course lunch at the upstairs Chez Panisse Cafe. I love Alice Waters' cookbooks and her philosophy regarding food and I have been looking forward to eating at her restaurant for years, so this was a special meal for me. It did not disappoint. Baked goat cheeses with lettuces, bread and butter, crispy polenta with poached eggs, pork ragu, and a cardoon salsa verde, a glass of zinfandel, a decaf espresso, and a meyer lemon panna cotta with blood oranges and tea soaked prunes.
1517 Shattuck Ave
Berkeley, CA 9479
 
JANE COFFEE
Loved how this coffee shop was decorated. And they serve Stumptown, organic dairy, and a very nice (and large) morning granola/yogurt/berries bowl.
2123 Fillmore St
San FranciscoCA 94115

RAINBOW GROCERY
This grocery coop is so cool and has a huge selection of everything. Lots of cheeses, lots of olive oils, expansive bulk section, etc. If I lived in SF, this place would be part of my regular routine.
1745 Folsom St
San FranciscoCA 94103


No comments :

Post a Comment