Monday, March 9, 2015

The Pink Pigeon Cocktail

I'm back from California! I have to say I didn't want to come back. It's been a rough winter and it was soo nice out there. But it's always nice to be home and sleep in your own bed and all that. Right? Sure.

I brought back a lot of stuff with me too. Mostly ceramics, because you know, hi, prop stylist, but I always bring back food souvenirs too. On the one hand because I love food, and on the other because living in cramped NY spaces has taught me that there is no better gift given or received in this city than one that doesn't require a permanent space allotment. Friends, spoiler alert, you are getting food presents. Me? I brought myself back some farmers market citrus and granola and popping corn.

Some of that citrus is destined for inclusion in these delicious winter cocktails Scott made up. Sort of a riff on a Paloma I've been calling our drink the Pink Pigeon. It's easy, it's fresh, it's delicious, it's really hitting the spot for me lately. In a shaker over ice pour 4 oz Tequila, 4 oz Fresh Squeezed Red Grapefruit Juice, 2 oz Simple Syrup or Agave Syrup, 1 oz Campari, and 1 oz Fresh Lime Juice. Stir together until chilled, but don't shake. Strain into 2 glasses, over fresh ice. Makes 2 drinks.


Photography by Scott Rounds 

2 comments :