Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Dream House Manifest: Starting From The Ground Up

For the first time ever I get to decide what I want my floors to look like and that is exciting. It's the simple things.. No more yellow hardwood rental floors! It was high on the priority list and one of the first things we tackled before we moved in. Seems like once you've already set up all of your furniture and unpacked it's likely that it just won't happen. So first things first. Based on all my mood boards and the color palette for the renovation I really wanted to go dark. But it's a little scary, you know? You're gonna spend all this money and get it done and you're super committed... but you can't really know how it's going to look until they do it. And if you don't like it... yikes. But I did my planning and research and just had to trust. Spoiler: They turned out amazingly. I love them. And they feel so grown up. Owning a house, man, so much adulting. Small steps, leading us toward a big transformation. Some pics to follow, and a post on painting coming soon.

















No comments :

Post a Comment